Thursday, July 24, 2008

How Would You Like to See This Hanging From Your Ceiling?


This past Friday night, when I was putting the kids to bed, I looked across our upstairs balcony over our foyer and saw that our glass chandelier (which was installed when our house was built 5 years ago) was hanging a little crookedly from the ceiling. I stepped closer to get a better look and saw that the fixture was actually coming apart at the seams!

When we awoke the next morning, it was clear that it had gotten worse and was definitely on it's way down. We called our electrician friend, Craig, who was kind enough to come over on his day off (and haul his enormous ladder with him) and remove our deadly chandelier before it came crashing down. I shudder at the thought of what could have happened if I hadn't noticed the problem before the light (very heavy with lots of glass!) fell.

Now, I am in the process of trying to get the manufacturer to give me my money back. Of course, everyone says I need to talk to someone else. You know how that goes... We'll see if I can get someone to do the right thing.

Here are some other pictures of our deadly chandelier:



Our friend, Craig, performed the heroic task of removing the hazard from our home. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment