Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Think Before You Speak

"Think before you speak."

That's something I've said to my almost 7-year-old son many times lately, but I'm thinking these words may have been a good piece of advice for a super-polite bank teller I encountered this morning: My friend and I have a small handmade jewelry business, and I was at the bank's drive-in making a deposit from last week's craft show sales. The deposit slip said Eliza Jane Jewelry, the name of our business. After processing my deposit, she sent the receipt back to me and said, ever-so-politely, "Thank you, Ms. Jewelry."

In case you're wondering, I didn't have the heart to alert her to her mistake, so I just said, "Thank you, " and laughed hysterically as I pulled out of the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment