Saturday, March 8, 2008

God is Bigger

Today was a windy day - very windy. I'm talking deck-furniture-flipping-tree-falling windy.

It's always fun to gawk at the trees as they whip back and forth - as long as they stay upright and don't tip over. As I looked out our kitchen window watching the awesome display, I remarked to my husband, "I hope the wind doesn't knock that dead tree down. I wouldn't want it to fall on our house."

Our son, Jamie, had been paying attention to our conversation, as he usually does. He just looked at me and innocently expressed his wonder and amazement. It was as if he had just realized something for the first time. "Mama," he exclaimed, "God is BIGGER than the tree! His hands are WAY up in the sky."

My heart smiled.

Well said, Jamie. God IS bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment